Saturday, August 07, 2010

Kabul: US-led raid killed 39 civilians

Press TV, Thu, 05 Aug 2010



The investigation shows the July US-led raid in Helmand killed 39 civilians.
The Afghan government has released the findings of an investigation into a deadly rocket attack by US-led forces in Helmand province last month.

President Hamid Karzai’s office said late on Wednesday the inquiry shows 39 civilians — all women and children — were killed in the attack.

“Subsequently, one rocket hit the house in which 39 women and children were killed and four wounded,” the presidential office said in a statement.

The bombardment took place in the city of Sangin in the southern province of Helmand on July 23, 2010.

Civilians crammed into a house to flee the exchange of fire between NATO troops and alleged militants when they were attacked.

Continues >>
Post a Comment