Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Fidel Castro: Cuba sends doctors, not soldiers

Morning Star Online, January 25, 2010

Fidel Castro

Two days after the catastrophe in Haiti which destroyed that neighbouring sister nation, I wrote: “In the area of health care and others the Haitian people has received the co-operation of Cuba, even though this is a small and blockaded country.

“Approximately 400 doctors and health-care workers are helping the Haitian people free of charge. Our doctors are working every day at 227 of the 237 communes of that country. On the other hand, no less than 400 young Haitians have graduated as medical doctors in our country.

Continues >>

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Walter Lippmann said...

May I recommend the CubaNews Yahoo news group to follow news from, about and related to Cuba? It's almost ten years old and has over 100,000 items already available in its free, easy-to-use archive.

You might even want to subscribe yourself.

I first saw your name on Marxmail.

DETAILS:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CubaNews/

Nasir Khan said...

Thank you for informing me about the CubaNews Yahoo. I certainly will use it.

As you may have noticed I keep on publishing Fidel Castro's articles on my blogs. I have stood by the Cuban revolution all my life like very many other progressive friends and comrades around the world.