Thursday, January 31, 2019

Shahram Vahdany has breathed his last


-- Nasir Khan, January 30, 2019

With a heavy heart and great sadness, I inform all friends of Dr Shahram Vahdany (aged 59) that he died two days ago in a hospital in Vancouver (Canada). I was informed about his death last night by a friend. The condition of his liver had worsened over the last few months, and no transplant or operation was possible because his physical condition did not allow it. It was only a question of time when he expired, and it happened two days ago.

I am deeply sad over the death of a noble and great friend who had devoted his life to the cause of truth, peace and justice. His well-known website Media With Conscience contributed enormously to inform about the issues that weak and oppressed people and nations suffered at the hands of the powerful and oppressive powers and regimes.

Thank you Shahram what you did, and what you stood for. You knew that you would not live for long, as you had written to me a few months ago about it, but you faced the situation calmly and bravely. We all thank you. We will miss you. You will live in our minds and hearts.

The Chinese poet Wang Wei (699-761 AD) expresses the feelings of one who was parting company:

AT PARTING - Poem by Wang Wei

I dismount from my horse and I offer you wine,
And I ask you where you are going and why.
And you answer: "I am discontent
And would rest at the foot of the southern mountain.
So give me leave and ask me no questions.
White clouds pass there without end."


---

No comments: